Followers

Saturday 7 April 2012

Our first video - piping roses in natural soap

Hi everyone, Ish here.  I'm so excited, thanks to a comment received last week from Carol, I managed to get my camera settings right and now I can make a video and load it onto my computer.  Next big trick is to see if I can get it loaded up here too!!

This is a video for Week 3 of the Soap Challenge, organised for us all (88 soap makers from all over the world) by Amy Warden at Great Cakes Soapworks.  It has been such fun, I really have enjoyed challenging myself to go that bit further and do things that I have never attempted before.  Next weeks challenge is going to be interesting, making soap using alcohol.

Anyway, back to Week 3, we were challenged to pipe cold process soap, which for us at Puro is difficult to turn into a challenge as we are known for our cupcakes and soapcakes which all feature spectacular soap piping.  So, this is meant as a challenge right? I decided to undertake a piping experiment that I have never done before, piping roses.  I have done two different ones, the first being the easy option and the second considerably harder.  I hope you like the video, it is a bit long (I got carried away!) but I hope you stick it out to the end.  Let us know what you think, did you like it, is this a format you would like us to use again (but perhaps a bit shorter)?
Thank you for watching.


12 comments:

  1. Beautyful soaps) I like it very much. Great job.
    Best regards,
    www.cosmeticadeolga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely blown away by your piping. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your cupcakes!!! :D They're awesome. Jennifer

    (I can't seem to post via my login www.jennifersoap.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is that!!!! I am in love with all your little soapy cupcakes!! Do you use candy molds to make all the cute little leaves, flowers and butterflies, or is that a trade secret? ;)

    Congrats on getting the video to work - I enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yay!! I'm glad you were able to upload! Your cupcakes are beautiful. Almost inspires me to give it a go....Almost. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You make it look so easy. I think I'll practice making sugar frosting roses. I think you could have cut this video in half as well, but I did make it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you make it look so simple, but I know better. I will definitely have to try since roses are my favorites. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super super, dooper, absolutely fabulous piping. I've been trying to make those roses for years. Love your cupcakes, love them, xx Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous ... your video is inspiring! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, you make it look effortless. I loved the video.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cupcakes! I'm so glad I watched it until the end, they were even more amazing than the roses, and the roses were already amazing, thanks for sharing, it gives me good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete